Day 21 Jan 24 (Sea Day)

Slept late, went to bed early. Pheew! Three days in a row of pretty intense activity. Nice to be able to chill a bit. I didn't order breakfast to my cabin. I'd like to tell you it was because I was turning over a new leaf and going to rise and shine and go to the dining room or the Lido deck for breakfast but the truth is I planned to sleep late and didn't want to schedule breakfast. I did get up "early" enough to go to the Lido for it and happened to meet dinner tablemates Jack and Anita. All this and I did manage to make the 10 AM Vantage group meeting. I'm so proud!

Today's discussion was about the Slave Trade.

At 11 AM there was a Lecture from a new "expert". Actually this guy is a professor emeritus from Chico State in California. He did research on South Pacific. Pretty appropriate since we're there. Unfortunately he isn't near the lecturer that the astronomer was. He talks too fast, as if he doesn't think we really are interested. Duh! We can always leave. We don't have to show up in the first place! Hopefully he'll improve.

Spent time working on the email journal for days 17-20.

Watched The Last Legion (on TV - they always show the movies on tv the day after they show them in the theater). It was much better than I expected.

Dinner included a celebration for Jack's birthday. He is 81.

Watched Spiderman 3. Can't for the life of me understand why it received good reviews from Roper and company. It was not as good as the first two for me. I hope I'm not outgrowing comic book heros!

Set the clocks back another hour tonight.

No comments: