Day 5: (Jan 8 - Puerto Limon, Costa Rica)

My tour today didn't start until 12:15 PM so I got to sleep in a bit. I went ashore early to do a little shopping for souveniers. My tour today included a canal ride in a rain forest and a tour of a banana plantation. Pretty cool! I now know who puts the tags on your bananas! They do it here. I guess I pictured some supermarket employee putting them on so your checker (or you if you used the self checkout) would have the code to input at the register. On the Tortuguero Canal boat ride I saw many types of birds, sloths (both two and three toed ones! Who knew??), howler monkeys and bats. After the boat ride they gave us free beer (Imperial - not bad but a bit light for my tastes) and fresh watermelon and pineapple.

In the evening I went to the show (there is one every night). It was a ventriloquist with a duck. Sounds weird but it was pretty good.

The weirdest thing is that tonight we have to set our clocks ahead an hour. Not back as we did two days ago. It makes sense if you look at a map of the area. Costa Rica is farther west than the Panama Canal. So the hour we gained now has to be returned.

No comments: