Day 57 Mar 1 (Sea Day)

Half-way through the 114 (115 depending on how you count them) days!

It is going pretty fast despite being tiring at times. Everyone seems to be trying to recover today. Understandable because we have two Vietnam ports during the next two days. I'm burning sleep right now to write this but need to get it off to you guys. We have a Sea Day on March 4th between Da Nang and Phu My (the port near Saigon, sorry, Ho Chi Minh City).

We have a new Tai Chi Instructor named Richard. He seems to be exactly what I was looking for. He has indicated that we will learn 18 moves and we have started. He has us start at the beginning after teaching us each move so we will be able to move from one move to the next smoothly. This is something our last instructor never really paid much attention to.

Our Vantage lecture was about India. Chris called it "Jewel in the Crown - Part I. He is skipping Vietnam because it is one of the few places the Brits didn't try to own in the colonial era.

We had a new lecturer talk about Vietnam today. I'll get her name next time. Too late.

Trivia went less well today. We got 11 right but the top team got 18 or 19 right.

Our port lecturer, Barbara, talked about Phu My today.

I spent about two hours helping Daphne learn how to use her laptop to input and edit pictures afterward. Vista sure seems confusing but since I use a Mac I don't really have any experience with it. I'm learning. By the way, if anyone knows how to disable or at least decrease the sensitivity of the mousepad's tap feature let me know please. This thing treats a tentative touch of the mousepad as a left click. I know that this is supposed to be a convenience but it can be a real pain in the neck for a new user and even got me a couple of times. Thanks.

We had a great female singer tonight for the show.

Gotta go. Early tour tomorrow.

Cheers to all!

No comments: