Day 70 Mar 14 (sea day)

Another easy day. We do seem to need the recovery time. Many people have commented that at the beginning they though sea days were a waste of time but now they don't know how they could keep up without them. Of course, we are all old!

So Tai Chi, Vantage: Boer War Part I. This was a war between 1899 and 1902 in what is now pretty much South Africa. Diamond mines and gold mines had absolutely nothing to do with the Brit wish to control the area I'm sure.

After that we had a lecture by Kate Ross about the Taj Mahal. It was built by a Rajah whose wife died having their 13th child. He loved her so much that he ordered the thing built. It took 22 years and 22,000 workers to complete it. It is apparently still the number one manmade wonder of the world. I am looking forward to seeing it in person.

Trivia was not good. We got 6/20 right and the winners got 10 I think.

I tried to use the internet today but it was too slow to even sign on. Hopefully tomorrow.

I spent much of the day in my cabin reading and watching movies. Troy was on and I hadn't seen it. I was interupted by dinner so I had to watch the end of it until about 1 AM! But tomorrow is another sea day so what the heck. As long as I can make it up for Tai Chi I don't feel too decadent.

The show tonight was not too interesting so I went to the movie instead. It was much more interesting to me and I enjoyed it a lot. It was "Dare to Dream", the story of USA Women's soccer - basically it centered around Hamm, Foudy, Lily, Chastain and Fawcett. I knew much of the history and was there for some of it but it was fun to hear them talk about the events of the 17 years the five of them played together on the team. I think this was an HBO film. It was pretty short but worth watching.

No comments: